Tuesday, August 29, 2006

where the minimum wage (for 18+) is 93 kr

Well, I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the DIS activities that have me meeting many American students my age who I may never see again, but I'm really liking my host family. Tonight Siv's best friend came over for dinner. At the meal we all talked about minimum wage and some Danish political issues and youth drinking and racism in Denmark. These are the kinds of things I want to hear about. So I'm tired, but it's great. We had a bus tour of Copenhagen today, which was nice, I saw some of the important sites, like the little mermaid. But afterwards I took a "scenic" route back to the train station from DIS and walked down some pretty happening blocks which gave me a better sense of the city. I really like it. And I got a complimentary chocolate with my coffee. I love people who love chocolate as much as I do. I'm trying to get a sense of the value of kroner. Until then, I'm probably paying way too much for everything. But that's what I get for studying in one of the world's most expensive cities (and the happiest- I wonder what that says about money).

No comments: